To book, please contact - Catherine Bowen of West Devon Borough Council (Catherine.Bowen@swdevon.gov.uk).
This event gives essential guidance and practical tips as to the sort of issues to be covered in setting up a joint venture, and how to decide on the most appropriate form of joint venture. It deals with procurement and State aid considerations. The session also looks at the often-linked issues arising from investment strategies and the requirements brought in by the 2018 statutory guidance.
This event provides a guide to joint ventures, covering;
- First considerations;
- What are you looking to achieve?
- What makes a JV attractive?
- Is it the right solution?
- What sort of JV is best?
- LLP or Company?
- Shared services;
- What are the options?
- Contracted or corporate?
- What happens if it goes wrong – dealing with disputes;
- Considerations to help in making the decision – public/public and public/private options;
- Choosing your partner: procurement and State aid considerations;
- Documentation and governance: accountability and risk;
- Local Authority Investments – developing and using your strategy; complying with statutory guidance.
Who is this event for?
The session is of interest not just to lawyers, but also to other officers dealing with commercialisation, investment and growth.
Why should you attend?
The session gives essential guidance and practical points as to the sort of issues to be covered in setting up a joint venture; everything from first considerations to procurement, and in developing and most effectively using a council’s investment strategy.
- 09:30 Registration for 10:00 start
- 11:30 Coffee break
- 13:00 Finish
Who will be there?
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.