Should community led-housing organisations register as providers of social housing (RPs)? Join us to consider both the pros and cons, as well as hearing from the Regulator and a community land trust (CLT) who have been through the process.
This interactive half-day workshop has been designed to equip delegates facing this highly topical process with up-to-date knowledge so you get the best possible outcome for your project.
What will be covered?
- What does registration involve?
- What does the Regulator look for?
- Are there alternatives to becoming an RP?
- What is it like to go through registration and come out the other side?
- What does the process entail?
If you are looking for the above questions to be answered and are a community led-housing project thinking about your options, then this workshop is for you.
Lunch will be provided
- 09:45 Arrival and registration
- 10:15 Welcome
- 10:20 RP registration – what is involved?
- 11:00 We did it and survived – a CLT’s story
- 11:40 Coffee and comfort break
- 12:00 The Regulator’s perspective
- 12:30 Alternatives to registration – what other options are there?
- 13:00 Plenary and Q&A
- 13:15 Lunch
- 14:00 Q&A, summary and closing remarks
Who will be there?
- Community led-housing projects (including CLTs, co-housing groups, co-ops and others)
- Advisers and network bodies
- The Regulator
The event will provide delegates with a great opportunity to mingle with a variety of organisations and people from diverse backgrounds, all coming together to exchange their views.
- David Alcock, Partner - Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Rose Klemperer, Associate - Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Andrew Bibby, Calder Valley Community Land Trust
- Althea Houghton, Regulator of Social Housing
Please be aware that places for this seminar are limited. Our clients get priority over non-clients but we will endeavour to increase capacity where we can to allow all those who wish to attend a place. Where we are heavily oversubscribed we will limit places to one or two people per organisation, in which case you may be asked to liaise with your team. Should we have to do any of the above we will be in touch with you at least two weeks before the event date.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be in touch.
Can I invite my colleagues to this event? Feel free to forward an invitation to any of your colleagues you believe can benefit from attending.
I want to attend but can't make the date/s. Will you repeat this? We will be looking to repeat this session at a later date.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.