The Society for Computers and Law (SCL) has introduced an Adjudication Scheme for IT Projects and Services.
In the latest Legal 500 rankings (26 September 2019), Anthony Collins Solicitors has added Local Government to its Tier 1 rankings in the West Midlands, joining Charities, Clinical Negligence, Family and Social Housing. Jas Tamber (Family) is now ranked as a leading lawyer, Natalie Singh (Social Housing Finance) joins our group of next-generation lawyers, while Phil Scully (Property Litigation) and Victoria Fullilove (Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury) are rising stars.
Hall of fame
- Rankeshwar Batta (Clinical Negligence)
- Ann Houghton (Clinical Negligence)
- Doug Mullen (Pensions)
- Lisa Whitehouse (Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate)
- Maria Ramon (Family)
- Phil Scully (Property Litigation)
- Victoria Fullilove (Clinical Negligence)
Some comments from Legal 500 include:
- 'The team has a particularly intimate understanding of the health and social care sector and associated legal issues and this is what sets it apart from other firms'.
- 'Anna Dabek and Matthew Wort continue to stand out as both responsive and highly skilled'.
- 'Douglas Mullen is practical and insightful and provides cost-effective advice'.
- 'I have 100 percent confidence in Douglas Mullen's legal opinion and would recommend him any day'.
Clinical Negligence: Claimant
- 'A very heartwarming and trustworthy practice'.
- 'The quality of all their solicitors is very high. They have an exceptional work ethic'.
- 'The team is dedicated to its clients and is a pleasure to work with. All genuinely nice and caring people who go above and beyond to get the best results possible'.
Personal Injury: Claimant
- 'Rankeshwar Batta is wonderful with clients, a great tactician with superb judgment and carries the respect of his opposite numbers'.
- 'Sarah Huntbach has built up a fantastic practice, is very highly regarded, compassionate yet tenacious. Victoria Fullilove is very much a rising star and is one to watch'.
- 'Victoria Fullilove knows every detail of her cases and is also keen to help her clients get their lives back on track'.
- 'Ann Houghton has a wealth of experience and knowledge, with a genuine caring attitude to the client she supports'.
Charities and Not-for-Profit
- 'The team displays considerable sector experience and expertise, with enough breadth to the team so that it isn't dependent on just one person'.
- 'Dominic Curran is driven but very approachable. He has a desire to help the faith-based charity sector to improve communities'.
- 'Natalie Barbosa's advice is always well thought through, compelling and reliable'.
- 'Phil Watts and Edwina Turner have considerable practical experience but also the 'human touch' so that clients are not just 'projects' but people/situations that need help'.
- 'The only firm in the Midlands which continues to provide exceptional standards of service in private client and care proceedings/child protection'.
- 'Jas Tamber is the 'go-to' solicitor in the Midlands for childcare work. Represents Guardians in the leading cases before the local courts. Trusted by judges and respected by peers. Has an amazing appetite for the work he does'.
- 'Elizabeth Wyatt is just superb and well-respected'.
- 'Chris Lloyd-Smith is up there with the best and Maria Ramon is very good at taking the heat out of the discussions and getting the parties to focus on the solution'.
- 'Kadie Bennett is very impressive on children disputes in particular'.
Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate
- 'Anthony Collins Solicitors is highly ethical, trustworthy, reliable and they always provide a high level of service. Alex Elphinston and Donna Holmes in particular'.
- 'All team members are knowledgeable and professional in their delivery of the service'.
- 'Donna Holmes is professional, competent and caring. She can only be described as an exceptional practitioner. Clients are put at ease by her calm and patient nature'.
- 'The firm takes a very responsive approach - planning for local authorities is a particular strength'
- 'Olwen Brown is good at finding solutions to complex problems'
- 'Senior associate Stuart Evans stands out. He is a planning solicitor who makes things happen and is an expert at guiding clients through the complexities of planning'
- 'The whole team work with a social conscience and is very aware of the client's objectives and needs. They work to ensure resources are focused on what matters, determine the highest areas of risk to the client and minimise costs'
- 'High level of professionalism and expertise in their field with the ability to explain complex legal matters in lay terms and to explain the effect on the client and the client's activities'
- 'As a charity, we appreciate Anthony Collins Solicitors' understanding of our values and of what is important to us. The construction team have worked on a number of projects for us and have been flexible and knowledgeable'
- 'Beulah Allaway is very approachable. She takes a sensible approach and is very responsive'
- 'Anthony Collins Solicitors provides specialist, sector-leading knowledge and service to clients both regionally and nationally. Its social housing teams comprises lawyers who are immersed in their particular practice area and, consequently, can provide clients with quick and reliable advice and guidance in the most complex social housing litigation'
- 'Helen Tucker and Baljit Basra stand out for their knowledge, experience and client service. Both are leaders in this sector. Helen is an expert in her field, whose realistic but robust approach to litigation breeds confidence in both her clients and those she instructs. Baljit stands out for her knowledge, experience and client care skills, which make her a favourite with many clients locally and nationally.'
In our latest Company Secretary Update, we focus on the Queen’s Speech over Christmas and the recommendations and commitments in relation to housing.
So after two days of legal argument, the Supreme Court have now retired to reach their decision in the joined cases of Tomlinson-Blake v the Royal Mencap Society and Shannon v Rampersad.
Anthony Collins Solicitors has revealed details of its annual social impact, including advising on funding deals for building 19,603 new homes and setting up 90 new charities.
The United Kingdom Homecare Association (UKHCA) has announced its new calculation for the minimum price of homecare of £20.69 per hour (to be effective 1 April 2020).
A recent High Court case suggests that the Charity Commission is now more inclined to utilise its regulatory powers than ever before.
We are delighted to confirm that partner, Donna Holmes, has been appointed to the Panel of Guardians for Missing Persons Affairs from 1 February 2020.
Meningitis now are calling for corporate supporters as part of their New Year New You 2020 campaign - why not sign up and get a team together to take part in one of their events this year.
Recent data reports that the financial cost of clinical negligence claims runs to a total of £83bn, but what is the real cost of clinical negligence?
Would you know how to manage an escalating social media storm? Are you confident in your plans and policies for responding to, and managing, a prominent ‘scandal’ in your charity?
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.