The High Court Ruling in R(Harvey) v Ledbury Town Council has clarified how a council should deal with complaints against a councillor & has implications for Town & Parish Councils throughout England.
Our experienced team of judicial review solicitors can advise and support councils and local authorities with all aspects of judicial review.
We use our extensive legal and sector knowledge to work in partnership with councils and local authorities who are either facing a challenge themselves, or who wish to challenge a decision of, for example, the Secretary of State or, increasingly, a decision about health provision. It is always best to try and resolve disputes through mediation or other alternatives to court proceedings - but it may not always be possible. When mediation isn't successful, you need to consider starting the process of bringing a judicial review claim. It has to be done within three months of the decision being made.
How we can help local authorities and councils with judicial reviews
At Anthony Collins Solicitors, our specialist team of judicial review solicitors use their extensive sector knowledge to help councils and local authorities to bring and defend judicial review claims.
Our judicial review services include:
- Advising councils and local authorities on whether they have grounds for bringing a judicial review claim.
- Advising councils and local authorities in respect of whether they have a defence to a judicial review claim.
- Supporting councils and local authorities to bring a judicial review claim.
- Supporting councils and local authorities to defend a judicial review claim.
- Obtaining permission from the Court for an application to be made.
- Representation during judicial review court proceedings
- Advice throughout the process.
A specialist in legal and strategic advice to local authorities.
We have been recognised for the work we do
Another case that might challenge holiday-pay practice for variable hours staff has been decided by the EAT.
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) won four awards at the Birmingham Law Society Awards last night (8 March 2018), including Law Firm of the Year (16 partners or more).
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.